The Nomination Committee is pleased to provide a report of their activities for the 2018 financial year.
COMMITTEE MANDATE AND FUNCTIONING
The committee is governed by a charter which sets out its mandate and key responsibilities, and reports are provided to the Supervisory Board on a quarterly basis. The committee fulfilled its responsibilities in accordance with its charter during the 2018 financial year.
The committee typically meets twice per year and further meetings are held as required. The committee held three meetings during the 2018 financial year.
NOMINATION COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
At the year end, the committee comprised two independent non-executive directors and one non-executive director. In addition, the CEO attends meetings of this committee by invitation.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS FOR THE REPORTING PERIOD
- review of all the Supervisory Board committees’ composition to ensure appropriate mix of skills and experience;
- consideration of the diversity of the Supervisory Board and its committees (including gender and race diversity);
- review of the charter;
- review and update of the Director Appointment Policy;
- assessment of the application of King IV™ (specifically in respect of the roles and responsibilities of the committee);
- oversight of the Supervisory Board evaluation process; and
- CEO and general succession.
Chairman: Nomination Committee
29 June 2018